The Boston City Club - 1940s memorabilia and ephemera
Established in 1906 by founding members including Louis Brandeis, Edward Filene and Edmund Billings, the Boston City Club was an important part of the city for decades. This collection of memorabilia, dating from 1945-49, includes newsletters, a brochure, an advertising card, a letter complimenting the club and a bowler's banquet program (the club had its own lanes).
The club building is now used by Suffolk University. For a club of this prominence, there is a complete dearth of information out there online. How sad...
CONDITION The fold out brochure has a crease and glue staining on the back page (probably mucilage).
This is a vintage item. It has been used and loved and it has a history. Please examine photos carefully and ask questions, as we are unable to accept returns or exchanges.